Saving work as a draftAdded by IBM on October 26, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Some applications cannot be completed by the user in one session. If your application is very large or complicated, you can allow users to save their work as a draft before submitting it.
In any stage, you can enable authenticated users to save their work as a draft. When a user returns to a saved draft in a form, a message asks whether to start a new form, or continue working on the draft. You can add an option for users to email themselves a link to their own draft. A user can save one draft on any stage at any time. The draft is also reflected in View Responses.
Parent topic: Adding Stages to an application
- Click the Stages tab.
- Select the stage for a Save Draft button from the list of stages on the left side.
- At the bottom of the form, to the right of the Submit buttons is a menu displaying a green plus sign. Click the green plus sign to expand the menu.
- Click Add a save draft button.
A Save Draft button appears to the right of the Submit button.
- Open the Properties window for the Save Draft button.
- Click the Include e-mail option in display message check box to ask users if they want to be sent an email with a URL of their draft.
- Click OK to save changes and close the Properties window.
The Save Draft button must be added manually to each stage of the form.