Setting up security for anonymous accessAdded by IBM on October 26, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Using the correct permissions, you can allow anonymous users to access a form.
To allow anyone to complete a form anonymously, without asking for authentication, use the following steps. No data about the user is captured or stored. Users can be anonymous in the Start stage of an application only.
Parent topic: Application and access security overview
- Start a new application. Enter an application name. From the dashboard in the design environment, click Access.
- Ensure the Closed radio button is selected for all users in the Add and Manage Roles window.
- Click the Initiator role under Assign Users in the left navigation.
- In the Add Users window, click the plus sign next to the predefined "Anonymous Users" group.
Once selected, the group appears in the Role Members window.
- In the Stage Settings section of the Access tab, go to the Start stage for your form. Click the "Create" permission for the administrator role to remove the check mark.
This setting allows anonymous users to create forms. If a registered user is identified, they can either create a form anonymously or log in using their credentials.