Installation of Lotus Forms Server API only on Process Server machine
The Process Server machine will be interacting with Forms (populating data into forms from business objects, etc.) and will need to exercise the Form Server API to do so. This installation will set up BPA03 to enable this integration.
- Some form of WebSphere (either Application Server or Process Server) must be installed and available.
Unzip the Lotus Forms Server self-extracting executable (LFServer351_win32.exe - 305MB) and then run the installation program (LFServer_351_Win32.exe – 60MB from the resultant extraction. The following are screen shots of the steps taken during the installation of the Forms Server API:
1. Select 'Next' to proceed:
2. Accept the terms:
3. Accept or shorten the installation path:
(recommend shortening it – for example to a value such as: 'C:\LotusForms351\Server\API')
4. Select the Development option (not strictly required but it includes some helpful samples)
5. Include at least the API component (we also included the Forms Services Platform component to be able to explore additional integration options):
6. Ensure the check box to deploy the API to WebSphere is checked:
7. Replace the default installation directory for WebSphere with your installation-specific value (in our case it was 'C:\IBM\WebSphere\ProcServer'):
8. Confirm installation details and supply authentication credentials (the userid / password for adminstering WebSphere Process Server):
9. Verify the Pre-Installation Summary values and click the Install button:
10. You should see a Success message after a few minutes of installation:
Congratulations, you have successfully integrated the Lotus Forms Server API into your pre-existing WebSphere Process Server environment.
|Note: These instructions are for automatically deploying the API to WebSphere during the installation. It is possible to manually configure WebSphere to support the API (and there are instructions available in the Information Center to this purpose), but since we have taken the automated approach, we will not need to follow these manual configuration instructions.|