Once you have upgraded your IBM
® Forms product suite, review the tasks below to ensure your new installation works properly.
The tasks below are a checklist, rather than procedural steps which must be done in order.
- Redeploy applications:
Perform a full regression test on your system:
- Webform Server
- Deploy the new portlet/servlet.
- If you created custom FormParts, go to the Preferences window and set the location of your FormParts folder.
- You might find slight layout changes, or differences in the way computes behave that require correction. See Best Practices for Form Design on the IBM Forms wiki for more information on designing forms.
- If your application uses the classic API, run the installer to deploy the API to the application server where your portlet/servlet resides.
Parent topic: Upgrading IBM Forms product suite
- Run load tests to ensure your system is set up properly and is capable of handling the number of forms you expect to process.
- If you’ve upgraded your forms, test them using either IBM Forms Server – Webform Server or IBM Forms Viewer to ensure they render properly.