Upgrade prerequisitesAdded by IBM on June 13, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|When you consider upgrading the IBM® Forms product suite, review the list of prerequisites below to ensure a successful installation of the new version.
When you consider upgrading the IBM
® Forms product suite, review the list of prerequisites below to ensure a successful installation of the new version.
Before installing a new version of IBM
Forms, keep the following points in mind:
- IBM Forms Server – Webform Server
- When upgrading, copy customized values from your existing translator.properties file to insert into the new version’s translator.properties file. Do not copy the entire file from your old version to the new one.
- When working with portlets or servlets, you must update the framework jar files to match those of the new Webform Server version. For specific file names and instructions for servlets see Packaging the Servlet, for portlets see Packaging the Portlet.
- You must uninstall Webform Server, and clean the shared file cache and the access control database.
- You must remove your existing Webform Server tables from DB2. New tables are created when you resynchronize the database to your new Webform Server installation.
- IBM Forms Server – API
- If you are upgrading the version of your forms, you must upgrade to the corresponding API version. For example, upgrading to XFDL version 7.7 forms requires you to upgrade to API version 3.5.1.
- Note that you cannot reuse the workspace from your older version of Designer with new version. When you run the new version, a new workspace is created for you.
- As you cannot reuse the workspace, ensure you copy any forms saved in the workspace to a new location.
- To upgrade, you must first uninstall the Designer.
- If you have custom IFX files, move them out of the existing Viewer location.
- To upgrade, you must first uninstall theViewer.
If you run IBM
Forms on Linux
® or AIX C Runtime, you must complete the prerequisites listed below prior to upgrading.
AIX C Runtime prerequisitesParent topic: Upgrading IBM Forms product suite
If you run IBM
Forms in an AIX environment, you must ensure that the C runtime version is appropriate for the version of IBM
Forms Server – Webform Server installer requires both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries to install without error.