When the Front End Application presents the user with an HTML page, that page contains one or a combination of the following:
- HTML generated by the Front End Application (for example, using servlets, JSF, and so on)
Design your forms and your Front End Application so that HTML content is generated using the appropriate method. You can optimize overall performance by generating more content with the Front End Application and generating less content with the Translator.
For example, use the Front End Application to:
- Present the user with a login screen.
- Present a list of forms that the user can select.
- Present a confirmation message after form submission.
- Present a summary page containing data extracted from the form.
Use an XFDL form to:
Parent topic: Setting up the Front End Application
- Collect user data.
- Provide a precise layout of items.
- Provide highly controlled navigation within the form.