When the user request a form from the Application Server, Webform Server translates the form into HTML before sending it to the user. The following diagram shows the steps involved:
Parent topic: Form operations
- The user requests a form from the portlet/servlet. This request is usually triggered by clicking a link in a browser.
- The portlet/servlet receives the request and locates the correct file in a Form Repository or triggers a Form Application which returns an XFDL form.
- The form is passed to the portlet/servlet.
- The portlet/servlet passes the form to the Translator.
- The Translator verifies the user has access to the form.
- The Translator copies the form to the Shared File Cache.
- The Translator requests the form from the Shared File Cache.
- The form is passed to the Translator by the Shared File Cache.
- The portlet/servlet passes the converted form to the Web server, which returns it to the user.