Place the two files that you created into the Webform Server samples folder. After you deploy the project to the Samples folder, you can view it using the sample servlet that is installed with Webform Server.
When the files are in the samples folder, you can use the Webform Server sample servlet to navigate to TutorialHTMLPane.xfdl
and open it in a web browser. The samples folder is within the WebSphere
® Application Server folder hierarchy.
To use the HTML in pane project:
Parent topic: Tutorial: Embedding HTML in an XFDL pane (Webform Server)
Previous topic: Create the web page (Webform Server)
- Copy both files into the sample apps folder.
The sample folder is in the following location:
- Verify the port number of the server that the sample applications are installed on. For a simple installation, the port number is usually 9080. For more complex installations, see Checking the port number for instructions on verifying the port number.
- Open a browser and navigate to http://<host>:<port>/Samples where <host> is the name or IP address of the computer that contains the Webform Server framework, and <port> is the port number from step 2.
- Click TutorialHTMLPane.xfdl.
The form that you created opens in the browser.
- Use the slider control to change the value.
- In the toolbelt at the top of the page, click the printer icon.
The Print Preview window opens, showing that the slider control is replaced with the text This is printed.