Place the two files that you created into the Webform Server samples folder. After you deploy the project to the Samples folder, you can view it using the sample servlet that is installed with Webform Server.
When the files are in the samples folder, you can use the Webform Server sample servlet to navigate to TutorialModalDialog.xfdl
and open it in a web browser. The samples folder is within the WebSphere
® Application Server folder hierarchy.
To use the Modal Dialog project:
Parent topic: Tutorial: Using the Modal Dialog (Webform Server)
Previous topic: Create the Modal Dialog web page (Webform Server)
- Copy both files into the sample apps folder.
If you installed WebSphere Application Server in the default location, the sample folder is in the following location:
- Verify the port number of the server that the sample applications are installed on. For a simple installation, the port number is usually 9080. For more complex installations, see Checking the port number for instructions on verifying the port number.
- Open a browser and navigate to http://<host>:<port>/Samples where <host> is the name or IP address of the computer that contains the Webform Server framework, and <port> is the port number from step 2.
- Click TutorialModalDialog.xfdl.
The form that you created opens in the browser.
- In the text field, delete the number 9 and enter 5.
- Click Open Modal Dialog.
A dialog opens that shows a Dojo slider control that is set to the value 5.
- Use the slider control to change the value from 5 to 3 then click Update Form.
The value in the text box on the form changes to 3.