Using the sample portletAdded by IBM on November 25, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the sample portlet as a starting point for your own portlets and portals.
Use the sample portlet as a starting point for your own portlets and portals.
You must have the Webform Server samples installed on your portal server in order to use the sample portlet. If you have not already done this, see Installing the Webform Server samples
Parent topic: Samples - Webform Server
- On the computer where you want to install the sample portlet, locate the file WebformPortletSample.war. It is located in <Webform Server install location>\WebformServer\samples\portlet.
- If Translator server is not on the same computer as the portal server, modify portlet.xml and web.xml to update the init-param for translatorLocation.
- Extract WebformPortletSample.war to a convenient temporary location.
- In the WEB-INF folder, open portlet.xml and web.xml in a text editor.
- In each file, locate the following <init-param> element for translatorLocation and change localhost to the name of the computer that hosts Translator server.
- Update the WAR file with the following command:
jar cmf META-INF/MANIFEST.MF WebformPortletSample.war *.*
- Install the WAR file on your portal server. For instructions on how to install a WAR file on Portal, refer to the Portal documentation.
- Create a page that uses the following portlets:
FormListPortlet - displays a list of folders and forms
FormViewPortlet - displays open forms
For instructions on how to create pages in Portal, refer to the Portal documentation.
- In the FormListPortlet, click InsuranceQuoteWizard.xfdl.
The Insurance Quote Wizard form opens in the FormViewPortlet.