The following algorithm presents a simple way to respond to a request for a form:
- The user clicks a link that requests an XFDL form from the portlet.
- The request falls through the IBMWorkplaceFormsServerPortlet to your processActionEx method.
- In your processActionEx method, you retrieve the details of the requested action from the request object. For example, you might retrieve the name of the requested file.
- You then write those details to a session bean. Again, this may simply be the name of the requested file.
- Once you have written the information to the session bean, you can end your processActionEx method. The IBMWorkplaceFormsServerPortlet object will continue operations from that point.
Further processing is carried out as part of the doViewEx
method, which is triggered by the Portal after the processActionEx
method is finished.
Parent topic: The processActionEx Algorithms