Known limitations ofIBM Forms applications viewed on mobile devicesAdded by IBM on July 25, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Software and hardware limitations of the iPad, and Android, platforms affect all web-based applications, including forms applications that are served by Webform Server.
When developing forms applications for the iPad, or Android, consider the following known issues:
Parent topic: Webform Server technical overview
- The following XFDL button, action, and cell types are not supported: display, enclose, extract, print, remove, replace, saveform, saveas, and submit.
- When the link action is activated, the content is displayed in a modal dialog.
- Scrollbars are not available in XFDL items or dialogs.
- Hover glow effects are not available.
- The user is not warned when trying to navigate away from a form that has unsaved changes.
- XFDL buttons and list items have a minimum width of 24 pixels.
- You cannot use the Next and Previous buttons on the iPad keyboard to navigate to all XFDL items that are in the XFDL tabbing order. These buttons only navigate through fields, and the order is determined by the XFDL build order.
- The first letter of text that is entered into a field is automatically capitalized.
- Action cells in XFDL lists cannot be activated.
- Webform Server toolbar is not available.
- Help and format alerts are displayed as tooltips when an invalid item or a mandatory item has focus.
- Form toolbar height is not limited to half of the visible screen area. The whole toolbar is rendered without scrollbars.
- Only non-PKI signatures are supported. These include Clickwrap and Authenticated Clickwrap signatures.
- The Dojo rich text editor is not supported.