When you print from a browser, the output typically includes information in the header and footer such as the title of the web page, the URL, or the date and time that the page was accessed. By using special printing options enabled by the Webform Server plugin/ActiveX control, you can exclude this information from the margins when printing forms from your browser.
The Webform Server plugin/ActiveX control is only needed for special printing options and PKI signatures. It is automatically downloaded to the browser when you use one of these features.
To use these printing options:
- Configure your print settings using the translator.properties file.
- Navigate to the following directory:
<Webform Server Install Dir>\Translator\
- Open the translator.properties file in a text editor.
- Set the printOutputFormat to either plugin/png or plugin/gif.
Use plugin/gif if you want to print your form in grayscale, or use plugin/png to print in full color.
- Save your changes.
- Open your form in Webform Server and print it.
The header and footer of your printed form will not have any of the information that is typically included by the browser.
Parent topic: Configuring Webform Server