method must write the name of the selected form to the portal session, so that the view portlet can retrieve the name and load the correct form. The following algorithm presents a simple processAction
method for this portlet:
- The user clicks a link to one of the forms in the list portlet.
- The request falls through the GenericPortlet to your processActionEx method.
- The processAction method determines which form was requested by checking the request object.
- The processAction method writes the location of the requested form to the portal session.
Parent topic: Creating a List Portlet
- This information will be retrieved from the session by the view portlet.
- Once you have written the information to the session bean, you can end your processAction method. The GenericPortlet object will continue operations from that point.