Contents | Next
Follow these steps to install the IBM Lotus Quickr secondary node
(node 2) for your deployment:
- Make sure WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager is
running before installing the secondary node.
- Launch the IBM Lotus Quickr 8.0 installation wizard and then
click Next. You can press the Launch Information
Center button for more information.
- Review the Software License agreement, accept it, and then click
Next. If you do not accept the condiitions of the license
agreement, you will not be able to complete the installation.
- Select the installation type you prefer and then click Next:
Managed server in a cluster (the default for a deployment
manager profile) installs a new version of IBM Lotus Quickr on a server
intended to be part of a cluster. This installation option enables you
to install a primary node or a secondary node.
Express standalone installs the product on a standalone
server, provides the shortest installation time, and requires the use of
predefined settings including a predefined user id on the operating system.
Typical standalone server provides greater flexibility
than the Express option in specifying user IDs and installation locations.
- Accept the default directory provided for the IBM Lotus Quickr
install or click Browse to select a different path and
then click Next. Space required is 3890 MB.
- Select Secondary Node since this instance
is node 2 of an existing cluster and then click Next.
- Enter the Node name and Host name properties for this instance
of the Lotus Quickr server and then click Next. For
Node name: quickr2
Host name: quickr2.lotus.com
No duplicate nodes can exist in a cell. Use the fully qualified DNS name,
short DNS name, or the IP address for this computer. Do not use local host
or a loopback address.
- Enter the deployment manager information for installation into
a cluster and then click Next. For example:
Host name: quickr3.lotus.com
Port name: 8879
Cluster name: QuickrCluster
The host name indicates the machine where the deployment manager is running,
and the port number is the port on the deployment manager machine used
to receive SOAP requests (default: 8879). For the secondary node, the cluster
name indicates the cluster that the secondary node should be added to.
- Enter the administrative user ID and password and then click
Next after confirming the password.
This account is used to access IBM Lotus Quickr and its supporting infrastructure
services with administrator authority. The same user ID and password values
are used for all services in the cell where Lotus Quickr is installed and
should match the administrator ID and password you specified when installing
the primary node unless you have changed the values since installation.
- Select which products to run as a service and then click Next.
You can use Microsoft(R) Windows(TM) Services to run the following features:
start and stop services, and configure startup and recovery actions for
WebSphere Application server and WebSphere Portal Server. You need to provide
the Windows Administrator user ID and password.
- Review the settings for IBM Lotus Quickr. To change any of them,
click Back. If you are satisfied with them, click Next
to begin copying files.
Hints and Tips
If Lotus Quickr installs and attempts to set up and
federate into the cluster but fails, you can complete the remaining cluster
- Update wpconfig_dbdomain.properties to contain the Lotus Quickr
administrative password as specified in step 9 of Install the Deployment
- Update wpconfig.properties to contain the Lotus Quickr administrative
password as specified in step 9 of Install the Deployment Manager:
- Run c:\Quickr\PortalServer\config>wpsconfig cluster-secondary-node-federation
- Run c:\Quickr\PortalServer\config>wpsconfig cluster-secondary-node-post-federation
- Run c:\Quickr\PortalServer\config>wpsconfig cluster-setup
Contents | Next