The policy feature was added in Lotus Quickr Services for Domino version 8.1. This feature allows administrators to control and monitor Lotus Quickr places more effectively.
Policies settings are stored in each place entry document in the Place Catalog database. When qptool unregister is executed, the place entry for all or a selection of places is removed from the Place Catalog. A new place entry is added to the Place Catalog for each place specified when qptool register is executed. This process recreates most settings for the place but does not include custom policy settings.
Administrators must perform the steps below to preserve and restore custom policy settings.
Before running qptool unregister:
1. Create a copy of the existing Place Catalog using the Lotus Notes client (or use the operating system's copy command if the Domino server is shut down).
2. Create a new agent in the copy. Set the trigger to Action Menu Selection and the target to none.
3. Import the code from RestoreCustomPolicies.lss into your new agent.
4. Save the agent and close the designer.
After running qptool register:
1. In the Place Catalog copy, run your agent by selecting it from the Actions menu.
2. Select the original or target Place Catalog and press the Open button.
The agent will search the current and target databases, find the place entries with a custom policy, and copy the policy settings to the place's entry in the target Place Catalog (which you selected using the dialog box).
For information about using the qptool unregister or register command, refer to Managing Places
in the IBM Lotus Quickr services for Domino 8.2 information center.
Expand the "Attachments section" to download the LSS File for this content