IBM Lotus Quickr provides a set of REST based APIs for manipulating
document management resources.
These services are based on the Atom Syndication and Publishing
protocols and are intended to make it easy to contribute and retrieve content
from an IBM Lotus Quickr server.
As presented at Lotusphere 2008, the following example
demonstrates extending the IBM Lotus Sametime client to publish chat transcripts
to a Lotus Quickr server.
Instructions to install the example...
1. Download the following Eclipse plugin (which includes
source for your review) to your file system and unzip to its own directory
(i.e. c:\update-site) download
2. In Sametime, go to Tools->Install plugins.
3. Choose "Search for new features"
4. Add a folder location that points to your unzipped
contents (i.e. c:\update-site\Lotusphere Samples), and choose next.
5. Install the publish feature and restart Sametime.
6. Go to File->Preferences->Publishing and provide
the url to the folder/library feed that you want to contribute your chat
transcripts into by default. This URL can be retrieved by copying the 'Subscribe
to this..." links when navigating a document library in Quickr.
7. Provide a user id and password and click ok.
8. Initiate a chat and you should now see a new icon to
"Publish" the current chat.