User may already created several standard places, he wants to change Quickr default themes so that the theme of all those existing places will be changed automatically.
As we know, there are several default themes (can be called SkinGroup) in Quickr, such as Quickr, Quickr 8.0, QuickPlace Classic, QuickPlace Banner ... Each theme contains 1 style sheet file and 5 HTML layout files (can be called SkinType). All these information reside in documents of resources.nsf and you can see them under h_SkinGroups and h_Skins view.
My thought of this solution is using a form to obtain the group name and skin type, user can also upload the HTML layout file or style sheet file through this form, then create a PlaceBot to handle these inputted information, find out the document which contains the layout file, and replace it with the one user uploaded.
1. Login a place, find the login user's canonical name from page source code, and write it down somewhere.
2. Select Customize this place -> Forms, click New Form button to create a simple form. Input following information in the New Form page:
1. Give a name for this Form, such as "Change Default Skin".
2. Click "Modify" button of Workflow section, and change it to "Simple Submit".
3. Select "Index" in "Do you want to content created with this form to always be placed in a specific folder" section
4. Change/Add fields like below:
1. Select Title field, click Modify button, change the title to "Group Name" and click Next button to save
2. Click Add button, select "Plain Text" as field type, and click Next button, input "Skin Type" as field title, click Next button to save
3. Click Add button, select "Attachments" as field type, and click Next button, no need to upload default attachment, click Next button to save
3. Select Customize this place -> PlaceBots, click New PlaceBot button. Input following information in this page:
1. Give a name for this PlaceBot, such as "UpdateDefaultTheme"
2. Change the value to "Change Default Skin" in "When should this PlaceBot run" section
3. Upload the script file (download
) to this PlaceBot
4. Stop Domino server, backup \data\LotusQuickr\resources.nsf and open it via Domino Designer, select File -> Application -> Access Control, click Add button, input the user name you recorded in step 1, and give him manager access with all roles (h_Editors, h_Managers, h_Members, h_SuperUser). This step will make sure PlaceBot could operate resources.nsf successfully. Start Domino server.
5. Open that place with the same user. Select "New Page or Folder" -> "Change Default Skin". If you want to change the Page layout of Quickr theme, you should input "Quickr" as Group Name and "h_Page" as Skin Type (See the list below), then upload the HTML layout file as the attachment. Click Submit button. The Page layout will be changed immediately!
1. Available Group Names:
Quickr 8.0 (with classic navigation)
Quickplace Classic 3.0
Quickplace Clean Space
Quickplace Classic 1.0
2. Avaliable Skin Types:
6. Repeat step 5 to change other 5 skin types one by one, then the Quickr theme can be changed totally.
7. (Optional) You can remove the user from the ACL of resources.nsf for security consideration. If you want to change the page layout again, no need to create a new document, open the one you created in step 5 and check it out to edit, then submit it, the changes will take effective imme diately. You also can remove those documents you just created in step 5 and 6. .