The solution is create a PlaceBot to change the PlaceType setting of current place.
1. Open a place which was created from a PlaceType (e.g. PlaceType1), and select Customize this place -> Forms, click New Form button. Input following information in the New Form page:
- Give a name for this Form, such as "RefreshDesign".
- Select the Title field, click Modify button, change the title to "PlaceType Name" and click Next button to save
- Click "Modify" button of Workflow section, and change it to "Simple Submit".
- Select "Index" in "Do you want to content created with this form to always be placed in a specific folder" section
2. Select Customize this place -> PlaceBots, click New PlaceBot button. Input following information in the New Form page:
- Give a name for this PlaceBot, such as "RefreshDesignBot"
- Select "RefreshDesign" form in "When should this PlaceBot run" section
- Upload the script file below to this PlaceBot (download)
3. Select "New Page or Folder" -> "RefreshDesign", input another PlaceType name in the PlaceTypeName field (e.g. PlaceType2), Click Submit button.
4. The new PlaceType will be applied to this place immediately.