Contents | Next
Use the following steps to install IBM DB2 Universal Database
Enterprise Server Edition 9.1 FP4a - DB2 JDBC Universal Driver (Type 4).
IBM DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Server Edition 9.1 FP4a - DB2 JDBC
Universal Driver (Type 4)
For a complete treatment of DB2 installation prerequisites and
restrictions, refer to Installing
DB2 servers (Windows).
- From the DB2 Setup Launchpad, click on Install a Product.
- In the Install a Product panel, click Install New.
- The DB2 Setup wizard is launched. In the welcome panel, click
the Next button.
- Read the license agreement. Click to select I accept
the terms of the license agreement, then click the Next
- Select Typical as the installation type. Click
- The Select the installation panel provides options to save installation
settings in a response file. Choose the first option, Install
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition on this computer. Click Next.
- Specify the folder where DB2 will be installed. You can accept
the default folder setting, which is C:\IBM\SQLLIB\. Click Next.
- Enter the user information for the DB2 Administration Server,
including username and password. Make sure the option Use the
same user name and password for the remaining DB2 services is
checked, then click Next.
- In the Configure DB2 instances panel, make sure that DB2
is selected in the list of instances, then click Next.
- Verify that the option Prepare the DB2 tools catalog
is not selected, then click Next.
- In the Set up notifications panel, the option Set up
your DB2 server to send notifications should not be selected.
- Select the option Enable operating system security.
Confirm that the DB2 administrator group is set as DB2ADMNS,
and the DB2 users group is set as DB2USERS. Click Next.
- Review the current settings to confirm that they are set correctly.
If you need to change any settings, click Back. If the settings are correct,
begin the installation by clicking Install.
- The wizard displays a Setup is complete panel when the installation
is finished. Click Finish to close the wizard.
The DB2 server should start automatically.
Contents | Next