This content applies to Lotus Quickr 8.5 for WebSphere Portal only.
IBM® Lotus® Quickr does not provide virus scanning software, but it does enable you to use existing virus scanning services implemented within your corporate infrastructure. Before you begin this procedure, find out the location of the virus scanning service.
Lotus Quickr supports the Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) and its features use this protocol to communicate with virus detection products. Ensure that the virus detection product used in your enterprise supports the ICAP 1.0 protocol.
To prevent library users from uploading files infected with viruses, you must configure Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP).
Follow these steps to configure ICAP to protect your library from viruses:
- Log on to the IBM® WebSphere® Application Server administrative console.
- Expand Resource Environment.
- Click Resource Environment Providers.
- Select QuickrDocumentLibraryConfig.
- Click Custom properties.
- Change the following attribute values:
- Set the value of content.events.enabled to true.
- pdmConfig.icapScannerClass.defaultValue is the name of the antivirus scanner class, for example com.ibm.sn.av.icap.AVScannerICAP.
- pdmConfig.icapScannerServer.defaultValue is the name of the antivirus scanner server, for example yourserver.yourorg.yourco.com.
- pdmConfig.icapScannerEnable.defaultValue is yes to enable antivirus scanning.
- pdmConfig.icapScannerService.defaultValue is the name of the antivirus scanner, for example AVSCAN.
- pdmConfig.icapExceptionOnVirus.defaultValue is yes to enable exception processing if a virus is detected.
- Restart the IBM Lotus® Quickr™ server.
If the pdmConfig.icapExceptionOnVirus value is set to yes/true when a virus is found, the exception VirusFoundException is thrown to stop the file from uploading. The exception is thrown whether the virus is cleaned successfully or not.
All create and update operations will result in an ICAP message and there is no request or response modification. The message displayed is different depending on the following situations:
- If a virus is found, you will see the following message:
Upload failed for: "The File Name" because a virus was found.
- If a virus is found and failed to clean it, show message:
Can not clean the virus in file: "The File Name".
- If a virus is found and is successfully cleaned, there is no message displayed, but the file content is modified.
- If no virus is found, then no message displayed.