This video covers a number of the main features and functions of Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino. Take this tour to see how you can get started being productive using Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino.
Click the arrow to start the video. To read a text version of this video, scroll down to the Welcome table in this wiki article.
The ability to customize a place lets a place manager or owner
Establish the place's look and focus,
Change or customize its theme, create a special form for a library or task,
Schedule maintenance tasks using placebots,
And if necessary, delete the place.
For example, on the Basics window, the order of main folders can be changed or folder components removed, and a number of other options can be enabled or disabled as required.
The place also can be deleted if necessary.
Shows the user Ted Amado creating a new standard place titled "Making a course available online".
1. Click Create a Place.
2. Choose Standard Place for Teams.
3. Title it Making a course available online.
4. Describe it as "Post your designs and requirements for online courses you want to run during 2011."
5. Add Ted Amado as owner.
6. Click Create.
7. Access the new place.
8. Access the Members component.
9. Under More Actions select Grant Access to Everyone and give them Author access.
10. Click Done.
Your authoring and editing experience has been improved by a new rich text editor for browser-based creation of content.
This editor is used across IBM products, such as Lotus Connections, giving end users a common experience. Content that is copied from a rich text source can be pasted into the editor with all its formatting intact.
This new rich text editor is used in all Quickr place page types and forms.
Shows using rich text editor when creating a new page.
Show copy/paste to editor from Symphony in one context
As with the previous release of Lotus Quickr team place members with the appropriate access can create tasks and assign them to designated team mates as needed.
Teams can track a task using the Gantt chart view, a standard list view, the All Tasks view, or the new 'Tasks Assigned to Me' view.
Switch to the Gantt Chart to view timeline bars that correspond to the length of time allotted for completion of a task, viewable by days or by weeks. In the Gantt chart view you also can choose whether to display incomplete tasks, milestones, or all tasks.
Refer to the Tasks Assigned to Me view to see all tasks assigned to you in the new Tasks Assigned to Me view.
Shows a list of tasks assigned to me.
1. In Tasks component Ted clicks New Task.
2. Enter the task title
3. Enter a task description
4. Assign the task to himself.
5. Specify a date about two weeks in the future
6. Click Done
7. Create two other tasks assigned to Ted.
8. Switch to the Tasks Assigned to Me view, which shows 3 tasks assigned to Ted.
Place members can create and edit a new discussion forum to allow discussion within a place. Users can view the threaded discussions, and easily create or delete discussion topics.
1. First the user clicks New Forum to create the forum.
2. Next someone else clicks New Topic.
3. At some point another user enters a reply.
4. You'll notice throughout that the rich text editor is always available for use.
5. The original forum creator decides to create a New Topic that describes the forum purpose and then pins the topic.
Shows how to create a forum.
1. Click New Forum and title it When assigning homework is appropriate.
2. Click New Topic and title it When students have their own laptops.
3. Click Replies and title it What about half-day classes?
4. Click New Topic that describes the forum purpose and then Pin the topic
5. Show forum with multiple posts and comments
Improved access controls
are available particularly for folders. Creators of folders can specify and update who can access the contents of the folders they created.
For the folder access to work, the place manager or owner needs to ensure that the option Folder ACL: Show the ability to restrict access to a folder is enabled. Click Customize > Basics > Show/Hide.
Shows enabling folder access control
Do you need to create a list of contacts, tasks, or catalogs on the fly?
Try the Lists feature to add and customize lists
An initial list is created in a library to contain courses for the catalog.
Since a spreadsheet of course catalog items already exists, the user simply imports the spreadsheet into the list.
After the import completes, the list is populated from the spreadsheet.
With a seeded list, team members can add new items to the list when desired.
Shows initial list creation and import
1. Show importing a list for course catalog
2. Show adding an item to newly imported list.
Check out the What's New feature to keep abreast of the latest changes in a place. The place where tasks were just added shows that activity on the Events/Tasks tab.
Shows how to access What's New in a place.
1. The place where tasks were just added shows that activity on the Events/Tasks tab.
2. Click Place Actions > What's New.
3. Toggle to the Events/Tasks tab to show the activity.
A new capability exists to easily upload and preview files.
The upload form allows for specifying Who can access this file as well as who can work with the file as an author or editor.
The upload can be previewed automatically when opened, which can be useful for finished presentations that do not need to be edited or downloaded by readers.
Shows File Upload process
1. In a library click Place Actions > New > Upload> New > Upload
2. Select a file from local folder
3. Specify Who can access this and additional authors
4. Click Create and Check in.
With a place connector for document editor such as Lotus Symphony installed, a place member can check out and edit an uploaded file or page attachment that is sotred within a place library from within the Lotus Symphony.
The Place connector for Lotus Symphony menu is available on the Symphony home page.
After updates to the files are complete, users can check the file or attachment back in directly from the application.
Place members can also open a page in a place from any connector
Shows editing an attachment stored in a place library from Lotus Symphony.
Show the connector menu at top of home page.
After making edits to the file, the file is checked back into the place library.
Show page support from a connector.
Place members can delete pages and folders to the Trash folder. Deleted content can be restored from the trash folder.
Depending on where you are you can remove content to Trash as follows:
Within an open item, you can click Delete.
For multiple items, select them within the view and then click Actions > Move to Trash.
From an individual item's context menu select Move to Trash.
Shows moving items to Trash folder and also restoring from the Trash folder.
1. Highlight an item in a library.
2. Click context menu and select Move to Trash
3. Open the Trash folder.
4. Select all items.
5. Click Restore.
6. Move another item to Trash.
7. Click Empty Trash