|Resource collection of links and information designed to help you plan, test, troubleshoot and implement an effective Migration from a previous release of Lotus Quickr 8.5 for WebSphere Portal to a later release.
ShowTable of Contents
The migration process from Lotus® Quickr™ 184.108.40.206 to Lotus Quickr 8.5 is a parallel migration process. The Lotus Quickr 8.5 server is installed and configured either on another machine or on the same one as Lotus Quickr 220.127.116.11. The data is then migrated from the 18.104.22.168 server to the 8.5 server. This is also referred to as a side-by-side
migration. In contrast, upgrades are typically deployed over an existing version on the same machine, overwriting any updated files.
- IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 for WebSphere Portal System Requirements
This document provides minimum system requirements for the 8.5 release of the Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal. Higher maintenance levels, such as fix packs and service packs, may be supported as they become available. However, new release versions are not supported at this time.
Getting Started and Maintaining
- 8.5 Migration Product Documentation
Use this documentation to migrate from IBM Lotus Quickr services for WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124 or later to version 8.5. Describes how to plan for your migration, prepare target and source environments, export relevant data, and preform the specified post migration steps.
- Recommended fixes and updates for Lotus Quickr:
A comprehensive list of recommended, generally available (GA) maintenance and fixes. This page is updated as new information becomes available.
- Required fixes for Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal 126.96.36.199 before migrating to version 8.5
Install fixes required for Lotus Quickr 188.8.131.52 migration to version 8.5.
- Required fixes for Quickr 8.5 before migrating to version 8.5
Install the cumulative fix 08 for WebSphere Portal and Web Content Management v6.1 on your Quickr 8.5 server. Follow the instructions in the readme for installing CF08. Since Quickr shipped with several Portal fixes, you must first remove them to avoid errors in installing CF08. After you have downloaded the correct Portal update tool, run the following command:
updatePotal.bat/sh -installDir c:\ibm\quickr\PortalServer -fix -uninstall -fixes "PM12420 PM12421 PM13183 PM13272 PM13379 PM13609 PM14009 PM14641 PM14832"
NOTE: If your source Quickr 8111 server ever had Quickr 184.108.40.206, please contact IBM service.
Related APARs and interim Fixes:
- The IBM Performance Development team is currently developing a performance tuning guide for Lotus Quickr 8.5 for WebSphere Portal. This guide provide detailed guidance and general recommendations to help you tune your environment to meet your specific needs. A link to this guide will be posted here as soon as it is available. In the meantime, there is a useful Diagnosing Performance Problems document, which was recently updated for WebSphere Portal 6.1 customers.
Subscriptions and Notifications
For information on other RSS feeds for Lotus, refer to this link:
- Migration-related Technotes:
Use this query to display late-breaking news about troubleshooting the Lotus Quickr 8.5 for WebSphere Portal migration.
Websites and Forums
Papers, Presentations, and Articles