|Install Quickr Domino 8.5.1 on windows platform, including Domino installation and setup, Quickr LDAP configurations.
- This article include 4 parts about Quickr Domino installation and basic configuration on windows platform
Part1 - Install and Configure Lotus Domino Server 8.5.1 and FixPack5
Part2 - Configure MSSO, Domino servlet engine, UTF-8 character encoding on the Lotus Domino Server
Part3 - Install Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino Server
Part4 - Configure Quickr Domino Server LDAP settings
1. Lotus Domino Server 8.5.1 and FixPack 5
2. Lotus Domino Administrator 8.5.1
3. Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino Server
- Part2 - Configure MSSO, Domino servlet engine, UTF-8 character encoding on the Lotus Domino Server
1. In Domino Administrator, open Domino server just setup and installed, click Configuration tab, Server-Current Server Document
2. Select your server, then click 'edit server' from toolbar above
3. Internet protocols tab, then domino web engine tab
4. Click 'Create Web->SSO Configuration' from the toolbar at the top
5. On the domino web engine tab, select 'multiple servers (sso)' for session authentication
- Fill in DNS domains (ie. example.com)(note: please add your computer name suffix: example.com)
- Select your server for the 'participating servers'
- click keys->create domino sso key from the toolbar
- Save and close
6. In the box that appears under that (Web SSO Configuration), select the LtpaToken that you created in the web sso configuration
7. In the Java Servlets section: Java servlet support > Domino Servlet manager
8. In the Character Set section: Make sure Use UTF-8 for Output > Yes
Notice: This setting is to set up the server to generate output using UTF-8 encoding so that page content displays correctly in other languages other than English.
9. Save and close
10. Click File->Application->new
Server - QuickrServer/example
Enter Title- domcfg
Server - QuickrServer/example
Template - Select "show advanced templates", then select "Domino web server configuration", and click ok
11. Open the created domcfg.nsf file
Under Sign In Form Mappings window that opens, select Add Mapping,
Under Form Mapping enter the following:
Target Database: LotusQuickr/resources.nsf
Target form: QuickPlaceLoginForm
Save and Close
12. Add the following Key to notes.ini
Notice: Add this setting to the notes.ini file of IBM Lotus Quickr server that you will enable for single sign-on. This step prevents anonymous access to files in the html directory.
Notice: Add this setting to the notes.ini file of IBM Lotus Quickr server that ensures that an uploaded document or a page attachment whose name includes a special character can be previewed.
- Part3 - Install Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino Server
Before install Lotus Quickr server, ensure below applications stopped:
- Stop the Lotus Domino server by typing exit or quit in the server command window.
- Stop Domino Administrator.
- Stop any other Windows programs that are running.
- Stop any Web applications that listen on TCP/IP port 80.
Click setup to launch the installer, click accept in the license agreement panel.
Enter Quickr administrator user name and password.
Installation completed, click Finish.
- Part4 - Configure Quickr Domino Server LDAP settings
1. After finish installing Quickr Domino, start the Domino server
2. Launch Quickr and log in as admin user: Enter Quickr administrator user name and password, such as "QuickrAdmin/password"
URL like this - http://quickrserver.example.com/lotusquickr
3. Select Site Administration in the footer
4. Select User Directory link
5. Click on Change Directory button
6. Select LDAP Server from the drop down list
7. Fill in the following fields:
Name: Enter LDAP server name or IP address
Search base: Enter LDAP search base, for example o=test,dc=example,dc=com
Username: Enter LDAP Bind ID, for example uid=ldapadmin,o=test,dc=example,dc=com
Password: Enter LDAP Bind ID password
Check to use credentials specified below when searching the directory - Check this option
8. Click Next button
9. After saving the change, you should see a message with OK with the credential
10. Restart Domino server, from the Domino command window that opened when you initially started the domino server, enter 'restart server'.
Notice: If you want to enable group search, must update user directory settings in qpconfig.xml file.
Quickr installs a sample file in the Domino\Data directory, copy the sample file qpconfig_sample.xml to qpconfig.xml, then update the qpconfig.xml. Make changes according to your LDAP server settings, then un-comment the user_directory section in qpconfig.xml file, restart domino server. Please pay attention to the values in red rectangle in following picture.