When you initially install Content Integrator, it is recommended that you do a complete installation of all three components (Server, Server Manager, and Composer) on a single computer. Once the initial installation has been completed and tested, you may want to install additional copies of some Content Integrator components on the same machine or on a different machine.
For example, multiple copies of the Server can provide scalability, load balancing, and fault tolerance. In addition, if you have multiple developers and administrators working with Content Integrator, you may want to install multiple copies of the Composer and Server Manager on their local machines.
This section lists the steps necessary to install each Content Integrator component (Composer, Server, or Server Manager) individually. To do this, you use the Custom setup option and then configure the individual component.
Note: If you want to install copies of all three Content Integrator components (Composer, Server, and Server Manager) on a single machine, you can install all three components at once by repeating the procedures described in "Running the Content Integrator Installation Program", and selecting a Typical setup.
To install additional copies of the Content Integrator Server, Content Integrator Server Manager and Content Integrator Composer:
1. Run the installation program on the machine where you want to install the Content Integrator Server.
2. After installation, start the Server.
3. Start the Server Manager that you want to use to manage this Server. The Server Manager may be on the same machine or on a different machine.
4. From the Server Manager, select Server | Register and enter the machine name where the Server is running. In the main Server Manager window, the Server should appear with a green traffic light to indicate that it is running.
5. From the Server Manager, point the Server to the appropriate system catalog (i.e., the system catalog that stores the objects you want the Server to run).
For example, if you are using this Server to supplement the activities of another Content Integrator Server, then you need to set it to point to the same system catalog as the other Server. Alternatively, you may want the Server to use a system catalog that a particular Composer is using to store objects. In either case, you must first identify the appropriate system catalog and then set this Server to point to it. See "Selecting the System Catalog", for information on how to do this.
6. Once you have set the Server to point to the correct system catalog, test this by going to the Server Manager and looking at the list of tasks for the Server. To do this, right click on the Server name and select Submit Task. This should cause the Server to return a list of known jobs from the system catalog. Confirm that the correct set of jobs is displayed.
Back to the Lotus Quickr Content Integrator Installation and Configuration Guide