Overview of EditLive!
EditLive! from Ephox can be used as an alternative rich text editor in Lotus Quickr. Go to the Ephox site
for more information about this editor. Some key features of the editor include:
Steps to Enable EditLive!
- Clean copy/paste from Microsoft Word
- Real time spell checking
- Advanced table and list manipulation
- Role-based configuration of the editor - show/hide any functionality based on the user
- Accessibility checking
- Track Changes
|As of 1-November-2008 |
Ephox has released an official production version of EditLive! for Quickr J2EE. You can obtain this installer by visiting the Ephox web site:
The installer simplifies the process of installing the software plus adds a properties-file that allows you to have different configurations for the editor based on the user that is using Quickr. This role-based configuration is identical to the capabilities in the Ephox LWCM integration.
- Copy Integrations Files to Portal Server Machine
Move the Ephox_IWWCM_6.zip file to a temporary location on the machine hosting the IBM Websphere Portal Server. Extract the contents of this file to this same temporary location.
Step 2 -
Replace String Variables
1. Using a text editor, open the sharedMethods.jsp
file, located in the web/jsp/html directory in the temporary location where Ephox_IWWCM_6.zip was unzipped.
2. Replace the string "@@!IWWCMROOT@@"
with the absolute location of the Teamspace Portlet web directory on your Quickr Server.
Note: Use / characters to define the path, not \ characters. Ensure a trailing / character isn't left at the end of the path. The parts in italics will likely be unique to your installation.
- Copying Integration Files to the Teamspace Portlet Root Directory
1. Copy the contents of the web directory, located at the temporary directory where the Ephox_IWWCM_6.zip file was unzipped.
2. Paste these files in the web directory for your Teamspace Portlet installation.
Example: The web directory for your Teamspace portlet will be similar to the following:
- Specify the EditLiveJavaEditor.jsp
file in your component's authoring template.
1. Log into Quickr
2. Create a Blog, Wiki or any other type of teamspace that contains WCM-based components.
3. Navigate to your newly created teamspace
4. Hover your mouse above the component's portlet to see the Options link. Click on this link.
5. Click on 'Edit Shared Settings'
6. Click on 'Advanced Appearance Settings'
7. Click on 'Customize' link next to the Authoring Template name
8. Enter a name for the new template and click 'OK'
9. Click on 'Default Content Settings'
10. Click on the Properties link ( ) next to a rich text field
11. Scroll down to the properties for the field. In the Custom JSP text box, enter EditLiveJavaEditor.jsp. Click on 'OK'.
12. Save the new template by goi ng to S ave... -> Save and Close
13. Click 'OK' on the setti ngs dialog.
You can customize the buttons that appear on the editor by modifying the sample_eljconfig.xml
that is located in the teamspace directory
(e.g. C:\IBM\Quickr\PortalServer\installedApps\WCM_Teamspace_Portlet_11q c1dzm.ear\11qc1dzm.war\res\editlivejava).