This article details the steps involved in migrating a Content Integrator installation from one machine to another.
1. Backup the System Catalog and log
- Launch Composer, go to View Options and locate the System Catalog database. By default, the catalog database is a Microsoft Access db. You can backup this file to restore all the jobs, connections etc., defined using the Composer.
- Launch the Server Manager, select the server and go to propertied. Here, the System catalog and Log information is displayed. The System catalog should be the same as in Composer. You can optionally backup the Log db if needed.
2. Note the Registry changes (if any)
- In case if you have applied registry entries to modify the default behavior of the Content Integrator, You would have to note these changes down and re-apply those changes on the newer system. An Export-Import method is undesirable.
3. Install the Content Integrator on the new system
4. On the new install, replace the system catalog and log databases with the backed up ones. (From Step 1)
5. Adjusting the configuration on the new system:
Back to the Lotus Quickr Content Integrator Installation and Configuration Guide
- Re-Apply the registry changes you noted in the previous install (From Step 2)
- If you had assigned specific Server (By Name) to execute tasks in the "Execution Control" section of any Job, you would have to modify those jobs to either clear the old machine name or to replace it with the new one.
- If any of the jobs referenced temporary directories etc., and if the directory structure in the new install is different, you would have to edit those jobs and adjust the paths.
- If any of the scripts (Data Transformations/Actions etc.,) have hard coded directory or machine references, they would have to be adjusted.