After upgrading the design of databases on the server, you can upgrade all places and placetypes at once. If there is a large amount of data to upgrade, upgrading can take a considerable amount of time, even multiple days. After it begins, the process should not be stopped. When there is a large amount of data to upgrade, use the incremental upgrade procedure.
Until places and placetypes are upgraded:
- IBM® Lotus® QuickPlace® placetypes cannot be used to create Lotus Quickr™ places.
- Lotus QuickPlace places cannot be used to create Lotus Quickr placetypes.
- Lotus QuickPlace places cannot be refreshed from their placetypes.
- Lotus QuickPlace placetypes cannot be refreshed from their places.
To upgrade all places and placetypes at once, enter the following command from the Lotus Domino® server console:
load qptool upgrade -a -f
When the upgrade is finished, the file qptool.upgrade.xml is created by default in the Domino program folder. This file indicates whether the upgrade was successful or if there are any errors. The following is an example of a qptool.upgrade.xml file:
code number(0 if successful) error message(if there's an error)
When upgrading all places at once, you need to carefully review the output to insure that the upgrade has completed successfully for every place. If the upgrade stops at a particular place, or error messages were issued for a particular place you need to:
- Restore the place from a backup.
- Correct any problems reported.
- Run the upgrade incrementally for that one place.
These steps are necessary for future updates to process correctly.
Parent topic: Upgrading places and placetypes