After you upgrade the design of databases on the IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ server, you can use the qptool upgrade command to upgrade places and placetypes to enable the new features. You can upgrade places and placetypes all at once or incrementally.
- Prior to upgrading places and placetypes, you cannot use existing places or placetypes to create new places or placetypes.
- Any custom policies are lost when places and placetypes are upgraded.
- Do not modify or refresh placetypes until after they are upgraded, since Lotus Quickr will make changes to the placetypes that will prevent them from successfully upgrading.
- When a place is upgraded, the user interface components "SiteMapLauncher" and "MyPlaces" are not added to custom themes. Place managers must add these components themselves.
- A place is locked while it is being upgraded. If you upgrade multiple places at the same time, only one place is locked at a time.
- When upgrading all places at once you need to carefully review the output to ensure that the upgrade has completed successfully for every place. If the upgrade process stops at a particular place or error messages are issued for a particular place you need to:
- Restore the place from a backup.
- Correct any problems reported.
- Run the upgrade for the new version of that one place. During the first upgrade attempt some processing may have been done that can cause the remaining processing not to be attempted if another upgrade for the original version of that place is attempted.
The easiest way to upgrade all your places and placetypes is to do the upgrade at once. However, once the upgrade begins, the process should not be stopped. So, if you have a large number of places or placetypes, you should upgrade your places and placetypes incrementally. If the upgrade process stops, you can force an upgrade after restoring and repairing the place that caused the process to stop.
Use one or more of the following methods to upgrade the places and placetypes:
qptool upgrade command does not normally upgrade.
Upgrading places and placetypes incrementally
- Upgrading all places and placetypes at once
After upgrading the design of databases on the server, you can upgrade all places and placetypes at once. If there is a large amount of data to upgrade, upgrading can take a considerable amount of time, even multiple days. After it begins, the process should not be stopped. If there is a large amount of data to upgrade, consider upgrading places and placetypes incrementally.
- Forcing the upgrade of places and placetypes
You can upgrade places and placetypes that the
You can upgrade individual places and placetypes incrementally. If you have many to upgrade, this procedure is preferred over upgrading all at once.
Parent topic: Completing the upgrade
Previous topic: Updating places
Next topic: Unregistering and reregistering places with the place catalog