Contents | Next
To specify the IBM Lotus Sametime server to use:
- Log in to Lotus Quickr as an administrator.
- Click the Site Administration link.
- Click Other Options.
- Click Edit Options.
- Below Sametime Servers, type the URL for the Lotus Sametime server
in the Sametime Community Server field, specifying the fully qualified
host name, for example
Note If your Lotus Sametime server is configured
to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), type
in the URL rather than
- Click Next.
- Wait a few minutes for the setting to take effect, or restart
the Lotus Quickr server to enable awareness and instant messaging immediately
that awareness and instant messaging are enabled
And that they are working in places as follows:
- Perform the following steps to verify the Lotus Quickr settings:
- Log in to a place as a manager.
- Click Customize.
- Click Basics.
- On the Change Basics page, make sure that Chat: Show
the Chat link is selected.
- Also ensure that Members can see who is online and send
instant messages is checked. This option only appears if Sametime
awareness is enabled through Site Administration.
- Click Done.
- To verify that awareness is working, log in to a place using
a name in the user directory and check for the awareness icon next to your
Note Lotus Sametime features are available only to members
registered in a user directory and not to members registered locally in
- To verify that instant messaging is working, click the Chat link
on the right side of a page, right-click your name in the members list,
or the name of another member that is online, and select Message.
Contents | Next