Lotus Connections provides a portlet, called the Multi-Service Portlet
, that can be used to access Activities, Dogear, Blogs and Profiles. Since it is a portlet, it can be deployed to Lotus Quickr (Portal Services).
To get the portlet, go to the entry in the Portlet Catalog
and download the war file. After installing the war file, the application must be configured. Go to the admin console (e.g.http://yoursite:10027/admin
) and perform the following configuration steps...
- Open the IBM WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, select Applications > Enterprise Applications, and then select the Lotus Connections portlet.
- Note: Search for LotusConnections* to find it.
- Select Map security roles to users/groups, and then map the All Permissions Role to any mapped users or groups that should have access to the data or to All authenticated if you want all authenticated users to be able to access the data.
- Map the Everyone role to Everyone.
- Then, create a page for the portlet in a Quickr place. Go into the Configure option for the portlet to configure the portlet to use one of Activites, Blogs, Profiles or Dogear.
- Enter the URL of the server for the service you want to use. For example, you can use the tap deployment of activities.
When the user visits the place, the user can then enter his/her credentials in the place using the Personalize option.
The result will be that the Connections content appearing in a Quickr place, as in ...