Upgrading a Lotus Quickr server on Windows and AIXAdded by IBM on September 9, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Upgrading the Lotus® Quickr™ server requires upgrading the Lotus Domino® server for your appropriate operating system and also requires that you have completed the preliminary steps to prepare your environment for upgrade.
Upgrading the Lotus® Quickr™ server requires upgrading the Lotus Domino® server for your appropriate operating system and also requires that you have completed the preliminary steps to prepare your environment for upgrade.
You need to complete backing up places and placetypes and reviewing Lotus Quickr technotes as previously described before you start the upgrade process.
- Stop the Lotus Domino server.
- Stop any other programs that are running.
- Stop any Web applications that listen on TCP/IP port 80. Skype is an example of such an application.
- Upgrade the Lotus Domino server on which the Lotus Quickr runs to version 8.5.1 with Fix Pack 3.
- Perform the following steps appropriate to your operating system:
For Microsoft® Windows®:
- Insert and start the Lotus Quickr Version 8.5 physical media.
- If you are installing from a network drive, navigate to the directory that contains the installation kit, and then run Setup.exe.
- Open a terminal window and log in to the server as a root user.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the installation kit.
- Enter ./install to start the installation:
- When prompted, type the number that corresponds to the language in which you prefer to read the Lotus Software Agreement.
- Press Enter to continue, and then press Enter again to display the license agreement.
- When you have read the agreement, press 1 to accept the agreement and continue the installation.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upgrade and configuration.
- If you plan to use new 8.5 versions of the IBM® Lotus Connectors, be sure to download the appropriate connector.
- Connectors version 8.5 work with a Lotus Quickr 8.5 server.
- Connectors version 8.2 (or lower) users should upgrade their connectors to version 8.5 in order for them to work with a Lotus Quickr 8.5 server.
Proceed to Completing the upgrade.
For more information, see the detailed system requirements
to verify that the components in your environment meet minimum product levels.
Parent topic: Starting to upgrade: qd85