Accessibility features help users who have a disability, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use information technology products successfully.
IBM® strives to provide products with usable access for everyone, regardless of age or ability. The following list includes the major accessibility features in IBM Lotus® Quickr™:
- Keyboard-only operation
Note: Operations requiring grabbing handles in the left navigation such as drag and drop reordering of pages can be accomplished using keyboard operations through Place Actions -> Modify Place Layout.
- Interfaces that are commonly used by screen readers
- Keys that are discernible by touch but do not activate just by touching them
- Industry-standard devices for ports and connectors
- The attachment of alternative input and output devices
The Lotus Quickr wiki, and its related publications, are accessibility-enabled. To view the accessible version of this product documentation, go to:http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lqwiki.nsf/dx/IBM_Lotus_Quickr_8.5_for_WebSphere_Portal_translated_documentationNote:
For best results when using a screen reader to view Lotus Quickr, use Freedom Scientific JAWS 11 or higher and Firefox 3.5 or higher.
The documentation includes the following features to aid accessibility:
- All documentation is available in HTML formats to give the maximum opportunity for users to apply screen-reader software technology.
- All images in the documentation are provided with alternative text so that users with vision impairments can understand the contents of the images.
Use the following key combinations to navigate the interface by keyboard:
- To go directly to the Topic pane (the right hand side), press Alt+K, and then press Tab. Microsoft® Internet Explorer only.
- In the Topic pane, to go to the next link, press Tab.
- To go directly to the Search Results view in the left hand side, press Alt+R. Microsoft Internet Explorer users then press Enter or Up arrow to enter the view.
- To go directly to the Navigation (Table of Contents) view in the left hand side, press Alt+C. Microsoft Internet Explorer users then press Enter or Up arrow to enter the view.
- To expand and collapse a node in the navigation tree, press the Right and Left arrows.
- To move to the next topic node, press the Down arrow or Tab.
- To move to the previous topic node, press the Up arrow or Shift+Tab.
- To go to the next link, button, or topic node from inside one of the views, press Tab.
- To scroll all the way up or down in a pane, press Home or End.
- To go back, press Alt+Left arrow; to go forward, press Alt+Right arrow.
- To go to the next pane, press F6.
- To move to the previous pane, press Shift+F6.
- To print the active pane, press Ctrl+P.
IBM and accessibility
See the IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center
for more information about the commitment that IBM has to accessibility:
Parent topic: Product overview: qp85