In this example you will edit a place component and add an additional field to a place component.
Step 1: Go to the advanced appearance settings
- Go to the place component you would like to customize. Click Settings.
- Click on Advanced appearance settings. The Web content items that can be customized are listed.
Step 2: Customize the authoring template
To add a new field you must add a new element to the authoring template.
- Click Customize to create a copy of the authoring template. You will need to enter a name for the new template.
- If you have already created a custom copy of the authoring template, click Edit instead. The authoring template will open.
- Go to the Default Content Settings section of the form.
- Click Manage Elements and add a new text element called "Headline".
- Click Save and Close. The field has now been added to design.
To add the new field to existing content, you will need to use the Apply template
feature of Web Content Management.
Step 3: Customize the presentation template
To display the new field in the "page" view of a place component, you must edit the presentation template and add a Web content tag to reference the element you added in Step 2.
- Click Customize to create a copy of the presentation template. You will need to enter a name for the new template.
- If you have already created a custom copy of the presentation template, click Edit instead. The presentation template will open.
- Go to the Presentation Template section of the form. A presentation template is built using standard HTML.
- Insert the cursor at the point at which you would like to insert the new field and then add the following tag:
<Element context="current" type="content" key="Headline"/>
- Click Save and Close. The field has now been added to your presentation template design.
Parent topic: Customization examples: qp85