A place manager must add or remove a member, unless the place was created allowing users to click Join
to join the place themselves.
Place membership is integrated into the navigation of each place. Unless This place allows public access, and anyone can join
was selected when creating the place, a place manager must add or remove members. Enable an existing place to allow anyone to join by clicking Place Actions
-> Edit place
and set how users will access your place. If joining is enabled, users click Join
to become a member and Leave this place
to remove themselves as members.
To add someone as a member, the place manager does the following steps.
- Click Members.
- Click Add Members.
- Select the role for the member from the drop-down menu.
Note: Members can only directly belong to one role in a place. They can have multiple roles if they belong to groups that have different roles.
- Enter some or all of the member name.
- A list of potential names is displayed. Select the correct one.
- The selected member to be added is displayed under the selected member role. You can enter additional member names to add them all at the same time.
- Click OK.
To remove a single member, the place manager clicks the trash can icon at the end of their row in the member list. To remove multiple members, the place manager selects the members and clicks More Actions
-> Remove Members
portlet can be added to any page in your place. To add it, click Place Actions
-> Modify Place Layout
To keep member's email addresses from displaying on the server, follow these steps:
- Click Advanced Administration -> Portlet management -> Portlets.
- Find the members portlet by searching for Members.
- Locate the Members portlet that has the unique name qkr.place.members listed and click Configure.
- Edit the displayemaildetails value. By default, this is set to true, which displays email addresses of place members. Set it to false to prevent place member email addresses from displaying anywhere in a place.
Parent topic: Customizing: qp85
Sending mail to place members: qp85