In this example the main view of a blog will be customized.
- Add the Web content authoring portlet to a new page in your place:
- Click Customize.
- Go to the Pages view and click Advanced layout.
- Click New Page.
- Type a title and then click OK.
- Edit the page layout of the new page.
- Click Add portlets.
- Search for the Web content authoring portlet, select it and then click OK.
- Click Done and then Done again.
- The Web content authoring portlet is now displayed in the new page.
- To access the place component libraries, click on Click for options and then Edit shared settings.
- Select the Blog library and Shared Resource library and add them to the list of selected libraries for the Web content authoring portlet.
- Open the shared resource library.
- Navigate to the presentation template view and copy the item named Blog - Main to the blog library.
- Open the blog library.
- Navigate to the presentation template view and edit the Blog - Main presentation template and then save it.
- Navigate to the site areas view and open the site named Blog in edit mode.
- Click Edit template mapping and edit the "Welcome-Blog - Main" template map. Replace the Blog - Main presentation template from the shared resource library with the customized presentation template from your blog library.
- Save and close the Blog site.
- You blog will now use the customized presentation template.
Previous versions of Web content items can be restored by opening an item in "read" mode and clicking Versions
Parent topic: Customization examples: qp85