After the IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ source data has been imported to the target system, some additional steps must be completed. Templates must be migrated from the source to the target system. The target system settings must be restored, and places must be updated. Finally, the complete migration must be verified before the target environment is ready for general use.
Migrating templates: qp85
The templates must be migrated from the source system to the target system before the target environment is ready for general use.
Migrating the credential vault: qp85
If you use the credential vault to store credentials for authenticated feeds and ECM libraries, it must be migrated.
Migrating policies: qp85
Policies are stored in the JCR and are partially migrated during the import. If you do not intend to use policies, no further action is necessary. If you want to use policies in your Lotus Quickr 8.5 server, follow these steps to complete the migration process.
Migrating resource environment providers: qp85
All resource environment providers that you created must be copied to the target system. Additionally, if you customized standard resource providers, those customizations must be migrated.
Migrating ECM: qp85
If you configured ECM on your source system, you need to manually reconfigure ECM on your target system.
Migrating your custom themes: qp85
If you are using custom themes with your IBM Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal 22.214.171.124 content, you will need to port those themes to the target server.
Migrating Lotus Connectors: qp85
If you configured Lotus Connectors on your source system, you need to manually reconfigure Lotus Connectors on your target system.
Reconfigure Lotus Connections functionality: qp85
If you configured Lotus Connections features on your source system and want to migrate, you need to manually reconfigure Connections on your target system.
Parent topic: Migrating: qp85
Next topic: Migrating templates: qp85
Main migration topics
- Planning for migration: qp85: Take time to plan for your migration. Decide whether you require a full or place migration, find out about supported migration paths, review migration requirements, and more.
- Migration procedure: qp85: Follow these steps to prepare the target environment, prepare the source environment, export source data, and import the source data to the target system.
- Post migration configuration: qp85: After the migration procedure is completed, configure the Lotus Quickr 8.5 system for general use and verify the migration.
- Advanced migration: qp85 (this article)
- Troubleshooting the Quickr migration: qp85: If you encounter problems during the migration process, use these links to find late-breaking technotes on the Support site.