Available componentsAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|Leverage the following default components to customize and organize your place. A place manager can add components by clicking Customize.
Leverage the following default components to customize and organize your place. A place manager can add components by clicking Customize
- Announcements: Lists news items. Readers cannot create new announcements.
- Contacts: Creates a list of contacts.
- Feed reader: Presents frequently updated data from one or more URL sources. It allows you to subscribe to and consume available feeds which you want to be displayed.
- Blog: Presents team member content and allows feedback. Information is displayed in chronological order and typically intended for general consumption. You control if a member can create posts or comment on posts when you assign a member access to your place.
- Discussion Forums: Organizes multiple threads of discussion posts to exchange ideas related to a project. Members can comment on posts, and create their own posts. Unlike wikis or blogs, the comments are integral to the discussion forum.
- Library: Manages and searches documents and media files. You can easily store, organize, and share content and collaborate through check-in, check-out, and version control. You control if a member has access to view, edit, or create files.
- Custom Library: Manages and searches documents and media files of a remote, enterprise content management (ECM) repository without leaving your IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal environment. New places use this content instead of the Enterprise Library content.
- Project tasks: Contains a list of tasks. You can assign tasks to members and track completion, start dates, and end dates.
- Wiki: Presents web pages that are created and maintained by team members. Multiple authors can add, remove, and edit content making a wiki effective for mass collaborative authoring. You choose which team members have access to your wiki.
- Calendar: Schedules events and milestones to keep your team on track and improve productivity.
- Enterprise Library: Allows you browse through the document libraries of a remote, enterprise content management (ECM) repository. You can download documents from these libraries without leaving your IBM Lotus Quickr for WebSphere Portal environment. This content provides a subset of the function of the Custom Library content. New places use Custom Library content instead of Enterprise Library content.
Parent topic: Working with place components: qp85