Backup, archive, and restore of a Quickr place allows portal administrators and application managers to make a backup copy of a place, archive the place, and, when needed, restore the archived place. Place status that is monitored and detected by policies will help you determine the maintenance action that you need to perform.
Backing up an application temporarily locks the application and makes a copy of the application. The copy is created in the default backup directory or another directory specified in the custom property of the WebSphere Portal Server service:
- The default directory is quickr_server_root/wp_profile/PortalServer/backup
- The Resource Environment Provider is WP_AIInitService
- The custom property is named backup.root
- This location must be a shared directory for all nodes in the cluster
When you backup a place, a copy of the place is created on your system leaving the place accessible from the places catalog. When you archive a place, a copy of the place is created on your system and the place is removed from the places catalog.
From Places Administration, actions are available as appropriate for the state of the place. Select the place and click More Actions
-> Back Up this Place
to create a copy of the application. Select the place and click More Actions
-> Archive this Place
to archive the application and delete it from the server where it was deployed.
View back ups from More Actions
-> View Place Back Ups
. Select a backup and click Restore
to restore that backup. When a backup is restored it overwrites the current place in the places catalog.
You can also view all archived places on the server from More Actions
-> View Archives
. To restore an archived place, select the place and click Show Back Up Versions
, then select a back up and click Restore
To perform backups on a cluster:
- Login to the WebSphere® Application Server administrative console.
- Click Resource -> Resource Environment -> Resource Environment Providers.
- Open WP AIInitService.
- Select Custom properties.
- Select New.
- Enter backup.root in the name field.
- Enter W:\\Backup in the value field.
Note: This is the shared drive on all cluster nodes. The shared drive must be the same for all nodes.
- Click Save.
- Restart the deployment.
Parent topic: Managing places: qp85