Update modified or expired database passwords in WebSphere® Application Server.
If database passwords are modified or expired, the new passwords must be updated in IBM® WebSphere Application Server so that IBM Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal can access them. Follow these steps to update your database passwords using the WebSphere Application Server Administrative console.
Before you begin, do the following:
- WebSphere Application Server server must be running.
- If you are running against a clustered configuration, you must have the Deployment Manager and the nodes up and the Lotus Quickr server stopped.
- Check if the database user has become disabled due to invalid login attempts. Re-enable the database user if necessary.
- Update Version 6.0 data sources.
- Bring up the WebSphere Application Server administrative console and log in.
- Click Security -> Global Security -> Authentication -> JAAS Configuration -> J2C Authentication Data.
- Select the alias that you want to change. Some examples are listed here.
Update the password accordingly.
Click Apply, and click Save to save the configuration. You are informed that security.xml has been changed.
If you are an administrator and need to change the DB2® password, you need to change the dbadmin user password on the system.
Restart WebSphere Application Server administrative server.
- Stop the DB2 server.
- Use the passwd command to change the password.
- Restart the DB2 server. You can verify the new password by running db2 CONNECT TO WPSDB user db2admin using password.
Repeat for each JDBC Provider, data source, and alias that is affected.
WebSphere Application Server and Lotus Quickr have been updated to use your new database passwords. Verify that the Lotus Quickr application server is running by opening the following URL in a browser: http://hostname.example.com
:10040/lotus/quickr, where hostname.example.com
is the fully qualified host name of the machine where Lotus Quickr is running and 10040 is the default transport port that is created by WebSphere Application Server..
Parent topic: Administering: qp85