The character set is stored in the database. This is the character set used for the response to the user. You can change the character set for a language.
To change the character set for a language, use the Supported Markups
portlet. Proceed as follows:
- Click Site Administration -> Advanced Administration -> Portal settings -> Supported markups.
- Select the markup for which you want to change the character set.
- Click Edit selected markup.
- Click Set locale-specific settings.
- Select the language for which you want to make the change.
- Click Edit setting for selected language.
- Change the character set for the selected language in the selected markup.
- Click OK to save your changes, or click Cancel to return without saving.
- Again, on the panel with the list of languages and on the panel for editing the markup, click OK to save your changes, or click Cancel to return without saving.
For details about how to perform these tasks refer to the Supported Markups portlet help.
For a portlet to be rendered correctly, the language of the portlet must be supported by the character set of the portal.
To help the user's browser to render content correctly, the used character set is written to the HTTP header of the response stream. The default encoding is UTF-8.
Parent topic: Language support: qp85
Dynamically changing the language during the session: qp85
Supporting a new language: qp85
Selecting and changing the language: qp85