IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal includes a configuration task called enable-sm-tai
. This configuration task requires the Computer Associates e
Trust SiteMinder Trust Association Interceptor (TAI) distribution to be installed on the same machine as Lotus Quickr. This task interacts with IBM WebSphere® Application Server security configuration to enable the e
Trust SiteMinder TAI and to create the e
Trust SiteMinder TAI as one of the interceptors.
Note: If you have completed the TAI installation and configuration instructions included with the Computer Associates e
Trust SiteMinder distribution, including registering the TAI with WebSphere Application Server, execution of this configuration task is not required. Though it is not required, running the following configuration steps of this task will validate that the e
Trust SiteMinder TAI is there and enabled.
You can configure e
Trust SiteMinder to provide authentication independently from configuring it to provide authorization. Using e
Trust SiteMinder to perform only authorization is not supported at this time.
Follow these steps to enable the e
Trust SiteMinder TAI and create a new interceptor using configuration task enable-sm-tai
Enter the following commands:
- Ensure the eTrust SiteMinder TAI installation has completed. The files installed with the eTrust SiteMinder TAI distribution will be configured during this task.
Note: If you are using eTrust SiteMinder Agent V6 for IBM WebSphere, there are several manual steps to setting up the directory structure for correct TAI operation. These steps are outlined in the eTrust SiteMinder Agent for IBM WebSphere Guide.
- Copy the smagent.properties file to the WebSphere Application Server profile directory:
- Open a command prompt and change to the following directory:
- Enter the following command:
Change to the wp_profile_root/ConfigEngine directory.
Enter the following command to run the appropriate configuration task for your specific operating system:
- UNIX: ./stopServer.sh WebSphere_Portal -user admin_userid -password admin_password
- AIX: ./stopServer.sh WebSphere_Portal -user admin_userid -password admin_password
- Windows: stopServer.bat WebSphere_Portal -user admin_userid -password admin_password
- UNIX: ./ConfigEngine.sh enable-sm-tai
- Windows: ConfigEngine.bat enable-sm-tai
Note: If the configuration task fails, validate the values in the wkplc.properties file.
Follow the steps to verify that the TAI is working properly in External authentication.
Optional Disable Lotus Quickr creation of user and groups. This procedure is explained in step 8 of the procedure for Configuring eTrust SiteMinder to perform authorization for Lotus Quickr
Your integration task is complete.
By default, the XML configuration interface cannot access the portal through e
Trust SiteMinder. To enable the XML configuration interface to access the portal through e
Trust SiteMinder, use e
Trust SiteMinder to define the configuration URL (/wps/config
) as unprotected. Refer to the e
Trust SiteMinder documentation for specific instructions. After the configuration URL is defined as unprotected, only Lotus Quickr enforces access control to this URL. Other portal resources, such as the /lotus/myquickr
URL, are still protected by e
Parent topic: Using eTrust SiteMinder with Lotus Quickr: qp85