Configure each server in the cluster to access a shared network directory. Then prevent secondary servers from indexing.
Created a shared directory called jcr/search
on a server in the network and make sure that each node in the cluster has write and execute access to the directory.
Configure each node to point to the shared directory. On secondary nodes increase the search indexing interval – the time between indexing sessions – enough to essentially prevent the secondary servers from indexing, leaving indexing to the primary node. For example, increase the interval from the default 30 minutes to five years.
Perform these steps on each server in the cluster:
- Edit the icm.properties file in the quickr_server_root/jcr/lib/com/ibm/icm directory.
- Change the value of the jcr.textsearch.indexdirectory property to the shared directory jcr/search.
For example: jcr.textsearch.indexdirectory=\\\\\\\\your_server\\\\your_share\\\\jcr\\\\search
The shared directory value can be specified in either of two formats:
- Universal Naming Convention (UNC) format: \\\\\\\\your_server\\\\your_share\\\\jcr\\\\search
- Mounted resource format (with forward slashes): /your_share/jcr/search
Windows® example: Y:/share/jcr/search
UNIX® example: /mnt/jcr/search
- This format requires that the shared jcr/search directory be mounted to the local machine (for example, through a mapped network drive or a mounted directory).
- When using the mounted resource format, always use forward slashes instead of back slashes, regardless of the native operating system path format.
- When connecting to remote resources, the user that owns the server process must also have permission to access the resource.
Path formats for the native operating system, such as X:\\your_share\\jcr\\search
on a Windows machine, should not be used.
On secondary servers, the increase the value of the jcr.textsearch.indexmaintenance.interval property to a length of time that essentially prevents the server from indexing. For example, increase the interval to 2628000, which equals five years.
Restart the server.
Parent topic: Configuring clusters: qp85