Create search services on each server that point to all of the other servers. Then hide the Document Type
Configure single sign-on between all Lotus Quickr servers. For information on configuring sing sign-on between servers, see the Single signon for authentication
in the IBM WebSphere Application Server information center.
Creating search services that connect the different servers ensures that search results returned to users on any one server include content from all servers.
Creating search services between servers affects performance. For performance reasons, IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ limits you to creating three search services in addition to the default local service.
- On each server, perform these steps to create search services for the other servers:
- Log in to Lotus Quickr as an administrator.
- Click Places Administration in the footer.
- Click the Search tab.
- Click Add Search Service.
- In the Service Name field type a name for the service. You may want to use the name of the server the service points to.
- Optional: In the Description field type a description.
- In the Server URL field type or paste the URL of the Lotus Quickr server, for example:
- Hide the Document Type search filter.
Parent topic: Configuring multiple servers: qp85