The AJAX Proxy must be configured to allow the feed reader component to work with feeds.
You must set up the proxy configuration to enable the feed reader. As this setup involves security implications, you must take caution when deciding on the list of feeds to access by using this portlet. Although the configuration supports enabling all the feeds on the internet, enable all feeds only when required. In most cases, you can use the URL patterns or IP filtering to allow or block access to feeds. To allow a feed URL, for example http://example.com/rss
, perform the following steps in the WebSphere® Application Server administrative console.
- 1. Select the appropriate console, depending on your environment:
Start the administrative console by entering in the URL location field of a Web browser: http://example.com:admin_port/ibm/console where example.com is the name of your server and admin_port is the port assigned to the administrative console.In the navigation click Resources -> Resources Environment -> Resource Environment Providers.In the Resource Environment Providers page, select the appropriate node or cluster from the scopes pull-down list, depending on your environment.Select WP ConfigService.Click Custom Properties.Create a property. Enter the name as wp.proxy.config.urlreplacement.<policy_name>.N and value as http://example.com/rss.
- If running standalone, use the local administrative console.
- If installed in a cluster, use the console of the Deployment Manager.
N Click OK.Click Save.Click Save.If running a cluster configuration, replicate your changes to the cluster.Restart the Enterprise Application server for the changes to take effect.
A running number to make the name unique in case if multiple URL patterns are mapped to the same policy name.<policy_name>
The proxy policy to apply for this URL. For extranet, un-authenticated feeds use "external_feed_policy" as the policy name. For intranet or authenticated feeds, use "internal_feed_policy" as the policy name. Note:
- You can create as many entries as you need by incrementing the number N in the name.
- You can use wild card format for the URL in the value. For example: http://example.com/*
- There can be only one mapping for a URL pattern. For example, the URL pattern http://example.com/* cannot be mapped to both "internal_feed_policy" and "external_feed_policy".
This change affects both existing as well as new instances of the feed reader on the Lotus® Quickr™ deployment. Additional details about proxy configurations are available from the WebSphere Portal Information Center.
To configure Internal Proxy Server for the AJAX Proxy add pass_through_host & pass_through_port following the Steps below
Add the following line to the proxy-config.xml file.
- Restart the Ajax proxy servlet from WAS admin console