You must configure your mail service to be able to use e-mail addresses for place members.
In LDAP environments, map the WebSphere Portal user attributes ibm-primaryEmail
to the corresponding LDAP e-mail attribute. Several IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ features require this mapping, including e-mail notifications. See the topic Mapping the e-mail attribute to LDAP
- Open the WebSphere® Application Server administrative console. The default location is https://your_quickr_server:10041/ibm/console.
- Click Resources -> Mail -> Mail Providers -> Built-in Mail Provider.
- In the Additional Properties panel click Mail Sessions.
- Click New and enter the Name and JNDI Name using the following format:
Note the JNDI Name for the mail session.
In the Mail Transport Host field enter the name of your mail server.
Make sure that the Transport Protocol is set to SMTP.
Enter the name of the SMTP mail server for your network.
Click OK -> Save.
From the navigation tree of the Administrative Console, click Resources -> Resource Environment Providers.
Change the scope to Node=ibm10, Server=WebSphere_Portal.
Create a new provider named WP MailService. The mail service is listed with other available services.
Select the service from the list to edit it.
Click Custom Properties.
Create two new custom properties with the following names and values:
- Name: mailSession01
- JNDI Name: Mail/personalizationMailSession.
Click OK -> Save.
After creating the mail service, do the following to set up the Lotus Quickr hostname in the Portal ConfigService.
- mail.from.fallback: a valid e-mail address for your IBM Lotus Quickr administrator.
- mail.jndi.name: the JNDI name of the mail service from the Mail Sessions link in Step 5.
Restart the server.
- Open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console.
- Go to Resources -> Resource Environment Providers -> WP ConfigService -> Custom properties.
- Under Custom properties, add an entry of host.name with the value of your Lotus Quickr server's hostname. CC
After the mail service is configured, configure the mail service to be able to send email to place managers and place members.
Parent topic: Enabling notification: qp85
Mapping the email attribute to LDAP: qp85
Sending mail to place members: qp85
Configuring your mail service to send member email: qp85