Before using the list viewer you will need to create customized presentation templates and menus using the Web content authoring portlet.
Copying the existing presentation template
The simplest method of creating a custom presentation template is to copy the List - Main
presentation template from the shared resource library to a new Web content library.
- Go to Advanced Administration -> Portal Content -> Manage Content.
- Ensure that the selected library is the "Shared Resources" library.
- Go to the Presentation Templates view.
- Select List - Main and click More Actions -> Copy.
- Select the library to store the copy in. Don't save the presentation template in a place component library because you cannot select place component libraries when configuring the list viewer.
- Edit the presentation template and then click Save and Close.
Editing the copied presentation template
To edit the design of the copy of the List - Main
presentation template you will need to edit the HTML in the presentation template design.
For example, the List - Main
presentation template is designed for use in list components, not for use in the list viewer. Not all list functions will work when displayed using the list viewer. You cannot use the "new" button to create a new list item when using the list viewer. You should remove the reference to the "shared resources/list_home_tool" component from within the presentation template design.
Copying the existing list menu
The simplest method of creating a custom menu is to copy the respective menu to the new Web content library you created for copying the presentation template. The list menus are:
List - Announcements Menu
List – Contacts Menu
List – Project Task Menu
List – Setup Place Menu
For example, to create a new menu to display an announcement list:
- Go to Site Administration >Manage Content.
- Ensure that Shared Resources library is selected.
- Go to the Components > Menu view.
- Select List - Announcements Menu.
- Click More Actions > Copy.
- Select the library to store the copy in.
- Edit the menu and then click Save and Close.
Editing the copied list menu
You are required to edit the copy of the list menu for the list data to be displayed. To edit the copy of the list menu:
- Edit the Further options of the Menu Element Query for the Authoring Templates selection
- Deselect User-specified rendering portlet configuration.
- Click Save and Close.
Next edit the copy of the List - Main
presentation template and replace the <Element context="current" type="site" key="menu"/>
tag with a component tag referencing the copy of the list menu. For example, if your new menu was named New_Menu
and it was stored in a library named New_Llibrary
you would use the following tag: <Component name="New_Llibrary/New_Menu"/>
Using the new presentation template in the list viewer
Once you have finished editing the presentation template and related items, the new presentation template can then be selected in the list viewer.
Parent topic: Customization examples: qp85
Configuring a list viewer: qp85
Administering content libraries