In multiple server environments in which the servers are not configured to share search results, display the name of the local server in the list of results. This tells users that results are only from the local server.
In environments with multiple servers in which you do not create search sources between the different servers, users might want to know that results are only from the local server.
Perform these steps on each server in the environment:
- Log in to the WebSphere Application Server administration console.
- Expand Resources.
- Expand Resource Environment.
- Click Resource Environment Providers.
- Click SearchPropertiesService.
- Click Custom properties.
- Click searchCenterDisplayServerName.
- In the Value field, type the name of the current server.
- Restart the search center application:
- In the WebSphere Application Server administration console expand Applications.
- Click Enterprise Applications.
- Select searchApp.
- Click Stop. Wait until you see a message that says the application stopped successfully.
- Select searchApp again.
- Click Start. Wait until you see a message that says the application started successfully.
Parent topic: Configuring search for Lotus Quickr content on multiple servers: qp85