In multiple server environments, hide the Document Type
The Document Type
search filter displays document types and properties on the local server. In multiple server environments, this means users do not see the types and properties on all other servers. Hide the filter rather than provide only the local types and properties, which would be confusing to users.
These steps only apply to the Document Type
filter available when you search for content created in IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ components. They do not apply to the Document Type
filter available when you search for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) content.
- Log in to the WebSphere Application Server administration console.
- Expand Resources.
- Expand Resource Environment.
- Click Resource Environment Providers.
- Click SearchPropertiesService.
- Click Custom properties.
- Click displayDocumentTypesFilter.
- In the Value field, replace true with false.
- Restart the search center application:
- In the WebSphere Application Server administration console expand Applications.
- Click Enterprise Applications.
- Select searchApp.
- Click Stop. Wait until you see a message that says the application stopped successfully.
- Select searchApp again.
- Click Start. Wait until you see a message that says the application started successfully.
Parent topic: Configuring search for Lotus Quickr content on multiple servers: qp85