Installing Lotus Quickr on a single server on Linux systemAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can install a single server running IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal, which results in a fully secured, production-ready server.
You can install a single server running IBM® Lotus® Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal, which results in a fully secured, production-ready server.
- Make sure the system where you are installing meets the supported hardware and software requirements for the product.
- When performing the installation, use a user ID that has administrator authority.
- If you are using a firewall on the system where you are installing, disable the firewall while you perform the installation. If you do not disable the firewall then it could display a warning message during the installation. If a firewall is enabled and the warning messages are not promptly attended to, the installation may fail. Some software firewall configurations may cause the installation to fail without first warning and without prompting to request access, so its recommended that you disable any software firewalls before running the installation.
- Ensure that the ulimit for your operating system is set to 40000.
- Enter the following command to ensure that you have appropriate permissions in the /tmp directory: ls -ld /tmp. The result should look like the following: drwxrwxrwt 34 root root 4096 date_stamp time_stamp/tmp.
When installing on Linux® into a directory that does not have write permissions, the installation is not affected and proceeds normally. This is because the installation is performed with the root user, which always has full permissions of files.
- Start the installation program.
Select the language for the installation and click OK. The welcome page is displayed.
- Use the Setup disc
If you have the Setup disc, insert it into the CD drive, and then use the ./install.sh command from the root directory of the CD.
When installing with CD-ROM discs, ensure that you do not have an open shell in the CD directory. This can interfere with the installation when the installation program requires you to change discs.
- Access the downloaded product code
If you downloaded the product code, extract all of the downloaded files and run the ./install.sh command from the root directory of the product download.
Remember: Be sure to conform to the conventions of your operating system when specifying directory locations, file names, and so on.
If you want to view the information center for Lotus Quickr, click Launch Information Center to open it in a browser. Otherwise, click Next to continue.
Select I accept both the IBM and the non-IBM terms. Click Next.
Select Single Server, and click Next.
Select the database management system system. If DB2® is selected, a new instance of DB2 will be installed on the machine where the installation is run. After the initial installation, you can transfer to a remote DB2 instance, see Transferring to a remote DB2 database. If Oracle is selected, ensure that there's an existing instance of Oracle already configured. Enter the following information is required to connect to your existing Oracle instance and initialize it for use with Lotus Quickr:
Specify the directory where you want to install Lotus Quickr, and click Next. If the directory that you specify does not exist, it is created.
Specify the following server information and click Next:
- Host Name: indicates the name of the host where Oracle is installed.
- Port Number: the port on the Oracle machine (default: 1521).
- DBA User: indicates the Oracle DBA account user id (default: system).
- DBA Password: indicates the Oracle DBA account password.
- DB Name: indicates the database name (SID) of the Oracle instance.
- JDBC Driver Path: indicates the location of the Oracle JDBC library (ojdbc14.jar).
Enter the user ID and password to access Lotus Quickr and its supporting infrastructure services with administrator authority. Do not use spaces in either the user ID or the password, and ensure that the password is at least five characters in length. Click Next.
- Specify the name that you want to use to identify this node in the cell. Typically, this value is the same as the host name for the computer. Note that the node name must be unique among other node names in the same cell.
- The fully qualified host name of the computer that is running the server.
Verify the components to be installed, and click Next.
- To streamline the installation process, the installation program uses this user ID and password to configure Lotus Quickr and all of its related services. This does not mean that a single user ID and password are used, but rather that the same user ID and password are used in several places to configure required services. If you do not want to continue using this user ID and password for Lotus Quickr and its related services, you can change these values after installation.
- The Single Server installation uses this user ID, along with the password you enter on this panel, to configure DB2 and create an account on the local system. If you prefer to use an existing user ID or simply do not want to use this user ID for your database, see Changing passwords used by Lotus Quickr after installation.
- Lotus Quickr provides a fully secured environment immediately upon installation, and the strength of that security starts with the password that you select during installation. Avoid a password that is the same as the user ID, and create a strong password by making it lengthy, combining letters and numbers (both uppercase and lowercase), and avoiding spaces or words found in a dictionary.
Because this password is used to create an account on the local system, make sure that the password that you enter conforms to any character and length policies that are used by your organization.
When entering the user ID and password, you can use characters a-z, A-Z, period (.), hyphen (-), and underscore (_). You can also use DBCS characters in the user ID, though not in the password. See Special characters in user IDs and passwords
for more information about acceptable special characters.
After the installation is underway, use the progress indicators and the process monitoring facilities of your operating system to monitor the overall progress of the installation.
When the installation is complete, a confirmation page is displayed.
Before you click Finish
, note the following information.
- The fully qualified URL to access Lotus Quickr is displayed, with the port number on which Lotus Quickr receives requests. Make a note of the URL, particularly the port number specified in the URL.
- The First Steps utility provides an easy way to log in to Lotus Quickr or access the product documentation. If you want to start First Steps automatically after you close the installation program, ensure that Launch First Steps is selected.
- If you already know that you want to configure Lotus Quickr to use a different database or an LDAP directory, select Launch Advanced Configuration Wizard to continue with that configuration after you close the installation program.
After the installation is complete, enable SSL on the login only to fully secure the login request with credentials. This step is necessary to prevent someone from stealing a users credentials. For more information see Configuring login SSL
Parent topic: Installing on a Linux system: qp85